Another 5months before Adam turns 2!
Basicly in 19months development, the expert suggest for potty training..:)weeee..!
Actually there is no exact age, when our child will start to use the potty themselves..
But it is suggest that toddlers will develop the necessary physical and cognitive skills between 18 and 24 months of age (though some aren't ready to start until they're as old as four).
So as Adam heading towards 2, mommy pun dah nak slow start train Adam for potty!
Takut terlambat plak mcm tooth brushing last time ..huhuhu ;(
At least, this few months, just make him familiar with the potty ..
then after that boleh lah teach how to use the training pants plak..
Before that, I hv to ready myself with the knowledge on how to train him to potty!
A lots of articles in the internet, InsyaAllah I will share the best with you all..
And not to forget the journey to potty train my lil Adam..
Lets start with the checklist from Babycentre to check whether our liltle kid dah ready or not for potty train ;)
But, we don't have to wait until we've checked off every item to start training; rather, look for a general trend toward independence and an understanding of what it means to go to the bathroom like a grown-up.
Your child may be ready to start potty training if she:
• Has regular, soft, formed bowel movements --- not sure ;(
• Can pull her pants up and down --- not yet
• Imitates others' bathroom habits (likes to watch you go to the bathroom, wants to wear underwear, and so on) --- checked!
• Makes a physical demonstration when she's having a bowel movement (such as grunting, squatting, or telling you) --- yeap! normally bila dia poopoo dia akan tutup hidung and tells us sign of smelly2..
• Has words for stool and urine ---checked, poo poo and wee wee
• Can follow simple instructions (such as "Give me the toy.") --- checked
• Understands the physical signals that mean she has to go and can tell you before it happens --- not yet
• Dislikes the feeling of being in a dirty nappy --- yeap when he pooped
• Has "dry" periods of at least three or four hours (this shows her bladder muscles are developed enough to hold her urine in and store it) --- not sure
• Understands the value of putting things where they belong ---somtimes, he used to keep the things at right place
• Demonstrates a desire for independence --- not yet
• Can walk and sit down --- totally yes!
I have start surveying the suitable potty train for toddlers and training pant for him too..
next entry InsyaAllah I will share more info about this..
For those who successfully potty train ur kids ..(specially at early age of 2)..
Sangat2 dialukan good comments from u all..
till then...happy monday!