Friday, December 14, 2012

Doctor in the house...


There's nothing worrying me more when the kiddos not feeling well. It's more worrying when the mommy who supposed to handle and take care the unwell kids, sometimes so bz at work or worst when the balance annual leave in the AL bank at warning level. Pity lil' kiddos. For my case, after many experiences with Adam, dealing with fever, flu, cough up until acute bronchitis, croup, HFM etc etc, I have set my own limit every time the kids fall sick. To be honest, I'm sick of visiting the clinic/hospital, waiting for many hours, end up with the same meds * to be honest, 2 years in the row, I have -ve AL in the leave bank*. So for this year, I've set the limit and applied to my kids, Alhamdulillah, it works well and Ryan only admit once *tu pun I yg request* and Adam seldom fall sick this year *or maybe sebab dia dah besar and sistem immunization dia dah kuat* Alhamdulillah.

What I did, which I think most of the parents did the same things as well. Most of the common medicines for fever, flu, and cough, we ensure to have stock in our fridge. So, when the kids started showing a sign of illness, I tried to ensure to give them meds at  home with fully monitoring on the symptoms showed. After few days, if they do not show any improvement, we will immediately see the physician for detail check up. Like last 2 weekends, Ryan woke up on his 20th b'day month with mild fever, flu and cough. The barking cough sound really make me worried. I try to fully utilized the weekend at home by ensuring schedule meds intake. I gave PCM for fever *it's around 37.6 degC fever*, Atarax for flu and Ventolin plus Mucoflux *ubat cair kahak* for cough. Regular intake for 2-3 times per day and Alhamdulillah, on Monday, no more fever only flu and cough left. These 2 combo were not easy things to be cured specially when the kids at nursery also having flu and cough as well. I should blame on the current weather now, petang je mesti hujan lebat. Ramai yg jatuh sakit. Worst when mommy also having bad cough and flu as well *tepok dahi* After more than 10 days, the cough is still there. So I've started with Rhinathiol since its normal cough already and Mucoflux as well. 3-4 days ago, Ryan found to have watery stool, 2-3 times daily. I put him under yellow flag, if he starts to vomit or, more than 5 times poopoo, or don't want to eat or bf, straight away send to DEMC. Fortunately, he showed good sign of eating and drink alot of water and bf as well. It just that I started to see some rashes near the nappy line area. Alhamdulillah, the rashes gone after 2,3 times apply of nappy rash cream. Yesterday, we went to DEMC to send my dad for check up, I took chance to check Ryan as well. Alhamdulillah, just a normal cough, no wheezing or chesty lung. And the watery stool as doc said due to the mucus/phlegm he used to swallow and went to the stool. *owh, baru tahu* So now we just continue with the same meds.

Sterimar for block or running nose also helping me alot specially during night time..
All I need now is the stethoscope so I can check their lung as well. Hahahaha..yg ada elmo punye je ;)

It's good things also to learn thru my friend's or bloggers friend entries on how they handle their sick child. Like for example, info shared by miszy_anne on how to handle the high grade temperature, really an eye  opener. Thanks for the heads up babe! I seldom faced this hi grade temperature until the last admittance of Ryan in September due to prolong and high grade fever. On the first 3 days, I kept giving PCM for every 4 hours, sponging and when the temperature went to above 38.5 ~ 39 degC, I will started on Veron *ubat cucuk vontot*. Its worrying us in the beginning on how to give PCM and Veron at the same time and up to how many times to use Veron in a day. So I checked with my friend *the real doc hehe* After 3 days, it seems not working, we checked with the doc again, and continue with same medc again until one day I surrendered and asked doctor to admit to start on anti viral. Through my reading, they also suggested to use ibu profen *which works equal to Veron* with PCM. My last time met with ibuprofen I guess when I met the paed at UMSC. So, I might need to standby this at home too. 

My first time trial on seba med diaper rash cream,it works amazingly!

Now,its already 2 nights in the row, Ryan tak tidur lena. He felt uneasy due to the cough and phlegm I think. So,  today I decided to bring him for check up again. Syukur, the lung is clear, only there's still residue of phlegm dekat dalam rongga at nose and throat area which will take time to clear. So I requested to get nebullizer to help clear all those stucked phlegm. I went to check for myself as well since dah 2 weeks batuk and kahak banyak sangat. And plus, the monthly calls already 8 days delay. To my surprise *jengjengjeng..tgu hujung entry yer* I also had mild fever 37.8 degC, tak sedar sb risaukan anak lebih. So, I'm on mc today, hopefully 3 days I have including weekend can be fully utilize to ensure Ryan fully recover for next week. Tak risau sgt nak hantar nursery.

Cepat sembuh lil boy!

Mothers, we might not a doctor by profession, but we still have to react like a doctor *unprofessional doc* when dealing with unwell children. Let us to always pray to Allah, may He grant the good health for all of us, InsyaAllah. Amin.

I think it should be a good news  for me at this moment as I targeted the next baby in next 2 years, InsyaAllah..
*tapi nape delay, stress ni!!!*


6 comments:

RuZaNNa said...

I pun walaupun anak dah 2.. but bila diorg sakit.. mesti tak sure which right ubat combination nak bagi.. if pergi GP dpt ubat lain.. bila jumpa paed dpt ubat lain.. huuhuh.. tp slalunya ubat GP lah yg dibuang dulu..
Kat dapur tuh mmg ada satu kotak for the current used ubat and stock ubat.. nasiblah adik dgn abang makan ubat sama.. huu huu
Get well soon ryan!

mommyNadia said...

Itulah Nadia kalau check terus ke DEMC,ubat dia mmg dah boleh agak ape yg dia bagi. Bila jumpe paeds pun tak bnyk beza. Extra tang antibiotic tu je. Serius Anne, penuh fridge. Bila dpy yg baru, lama punye terus discard. Anne pernah bagi anak2 ibuprofen. That day pergi DMC lupa nak tny doc pasal ibuprofen ni. Dulu jumpe paeds UMSC pernah dpt,standby pun tapi dah lama expired. Kalau boleh tak nak use Veron sgt. takut ada side effect. Lagipun tak gemar ler nak main cucuk2 vontot tu. haish!

amirah said...

memang susah hati kalau anak2 tak sihat

Blog Diva said...

stethoscope itu sgt comel! ahahaha... nak cari lah satu!

mommyNadia said...

Amirah,
Itulah, nak pergi keje oun tak tenang kan...

mommyNadia said...

Teh,
hahha siap ada sound elmo lagik...

Post a Comment

It might take me a while to reply, but I do read all comments received! Tq =)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...